What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device (computer, tablet or smartphone) when you visit a particular website. The text stores information that the website can read when it is consulted at a later time by the same device. In essence, cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize your device.
Cookies perform different functions:
They help you navigate the various pages of the website more efficiently, store your preferences and generally improve your browsing experience. In some cases, cookies can show you the promotions that may interest you most. Some of these cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the website, others are instead useful because they are able to safely store, for example, the user name or language settings. The advantage of having cookies installed on your computer is that you no longer need to fill in the same information every time you want to access a previously visited website.
Some cookies are automatically deactivated at the end of the session (from when the user opens the browser to when he or she exits the browser) others are saved on the user's device for a longer period (usually, these cookies are used to store preferences and choices of the user who visits the website or to profile commercial promotions).
The website may contain both original and third-party cookies, i.e. cookies that are activated by a domain other than that of the website.
Why are cookies activated on the it Consult website?
it Consult keeps the following types of cookies active on its website:
1.Cookies needed: they are essential to allow website navigation and to use its various features, including access to restricted areas.
2.Cookies that improve the functioning of the website: these cookies collect information on how the website is visited, for example, which pages are displayed the most. These cookies do not collect user identification information, but only aggregate and anonymous data. They are used exclusively to improve the performance of the website
3.Cookies that manage certain features: these are cookies that allow the website to store your preferences (for example, your username, language, country, etc.) and consequently provide a more personalised browsing experience or there allow you to provide exactly the service you requested.
How can I deactivate cookies?
You can change your browser to deactivate cookies through a very simple procedure.
Attention: by deactivating cookies, the username and password will no longer be stored on the website login box.
- Open Firefox
- Press the “Alt” button on the keyboard
- In the tool bar located at the top of the browser, select "Tools" and then "Options"
- Then select the "Privacy" tab
- Go to "History Settings:" and then to "Use custom settings" Uncheck "Accept cookies from websites" and save preferences
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the "Settings" button and then on "Internet Options"
- Select the "Privacy" tab and then “Advance settings” to set the level of privacy you want
- Then click on OK
- On your computer, open Chrome
- At the top right, click More and then "Settings"
- Under "Privacy and security" click "Cookies and other site data"
- Run the Microsoft Edge browser
- Select the "Tools" button, and then select "Internet options"
- Select the "Privacy" tab, and under "Settings", select "Advanced" and choose whether you want to accept, block, or be prompted for first-party and third-party cookies
- Open Safari
- Choose "Preferences" in the tool bar, then ckick to "Privacy"
- Select "Block all cookies"
- For more information on cookies that are stored on your computer, click on "Click Manage Website Data"
- Tap Settings and then click to "Safari"
- To clear your history and cookies tap "Clear History and Website Data"
- To choose whether Safari blocks cookies turn on "Block All Cookies"
Ultimo aggiornamento: 2021-07-20 10:22:10